Fat is an essential part of the diet that provides your body with energy for daily activity and helps supply vitamins a,d, and e. But too much fat makes you fat. Reducing fat also helps reduce cholesterol and improves heart health which is my goal from now on. You probably heard that reducing fat in your diet will help reduce fat on your body. Here’s some ideas on how to make that happen.
There are three kinds of fat = monounsaturated polyunsaturated and saturated. Unsaturated fats are found in nuts, seeds, vegetable oil products and similar products. Saturated fat is particularly bad for you and contributes to heart disease. Saturated fats are found in many meat and dairy products and these are the artery clogging fats. Eat these in moderation. By the way, certain vegetable oils contain lots of saturated fats so choose carefully and check labeling.
Moderation is more important than elimination when it comes to reducing fat for weight loss. Here’s some tips for reducing fat
* Use nonfat salad dressing and herbs for your salad, fat can sneak up on you in condiments and relishes
* instead of frying food in butter or oil try using broth, tomato juice, or even wine cooking this way also adds a great deal of flavor
* bake, don’t fry
* use egg whites instead of whole eggs in your cooking
* avoid fast food or drive thru food
Taking simple steps to reduce your fats will pay off over the long run. You’ll not only look better as the pounds come off, you’ll feel better and have more energy too.
– http://www.shapeup.org http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/articles-submit/ghf/reducing-fat.htm